Wonderware Archestra FSGateway

Volvagia720

Windows Server 2003 SP2
ArchestrA System Management console 0027.0021.0000.0000

Whenever I try to add any object to the ArchestrA.FSGateway.2 Configuration it acts like nothing happens. (Note: the choices are NOT greyed out) by nothing happens, I mean I see nothing happening or adding after i click on any of the objects to add (Add In Touch Object, Add OPC Object, etc) the right click box disappears and no new object is created.

After doing this, I look into the log box. I get some errors every time I try. Attached is the log of the problem.

I have tried this with both FSGateway versions that can be downloaded from wonderware (2 and 3). I have tried rebooting the computer after every action in instillation and un-installation.

What is going on? What am I doing wrong?

Additional Information: I cannot delete the OPC that exists there. I get simmilar errors except with "deletechild" instead of "addchild" and the line numbers are different.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
This does seem odd,

I would suggest posting this on the Wonderware Developers Network or contacting you local wonderware support

Rheinhardt

Answer: There is a file under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Wonderware\DAServer\FSGATEWAY (or so) called FSGateway.AAcfg. For whatever reason it got tagged as read only. It must not be read only.

(for possible future searches to this thread I've included the following text: From msxml4.dll. Access is denied.
. Access is denied. caught at line 1787 in IOSrvCfgPersist.cpp (in .\).

Last edited: