rosemount profibus pa 8732E issues

jlash

hello, i have a rosemount 8732E hooked up to profibus pa V7.0, and i am having some errors this morning.. on the local display, the meter shows a good flow value of 16.5 GPM and the secondary line shows "pv status = good" yet, when i go into the detailed set up- profibus- AI status... it shows the last trusted value of like 28 GPM and states that the AI status is uncertain.. then goes to bad and my totalisers are also stating a bad status..

i am not sure what is going on here and rosemount customer support has yet to contact me for a few hours...

i have made sure the URV and Units match one an other between the AI out and PV screens..

ok, so 9 views... no responses... COME ON GUYS!!!!! is there anyone on here with ANY Rosemount Profibus Experience?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ok, so 9 views... no responses... COME ON GUYS!!!!! is there anyone on here with ANY Rosemount Profibus Experience?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sure.
You don't mention the nature of the Master in this case. Is it a Siemens, perhaps.

PA is a Painful Action, if you are not familiar with the software tools. The language in the help files just made me more and more confused, when I did mine. Looking back, I wish I had used a more native-to-the-PLC master module. As it was, I had a Profibus DP master, and a DP-PA gateway. It worked, but it was ugly.

Jeff,

Yes, it is a Siemens PCS7-400 version 7.0 sp2 running braumat compact. This device is profibus PA. My function block is showing the last known good value, bit QC has a value of 16#44, and when you look at the faceplate for the device in WINcc runtime, there is a yellow wrench to the left of the process variable. When I highlight the wrench, a dialogue box appears and states, "uncertain value". When I look at the local display on the meter, the main display home screen shows that the PV value is good and is displaying correct flow. Yet, when I go into the menu, "Detailed setup - AI CONFIG - AI OUT," I see the same amount of flow as is displayed on my master. Below the faux flow amount, the AI status is "uncertain." I have everything ranged and in the proper EU, everything matches.. why is my PV function block operating correctly and then the AI BLOCK passing an uncertain value?? This meter was built in march of 2013. I just received them march 22..