Local Time - Summer/Winter Time [Step 7 Pro (TIA Portal)]

MAIDEL

Hello everyone,

I'm working on Step 7 Pro (TIA Portal), I would like to change the local time (GMT offset and Summer/Windter) of a S7-300 CPU, and I don't understand which SFC I have to take: SET_SW, SET_SW_S, LOC_TIME or BT_LT.
Why some SFC are available in some CPUs (I mean S7-300 and S7-1200) and not available in others (eg: RD_LOC_T)

I try to understand whats does mean "time-of-day status" because in some SFC we can read "it can only be used on CPUs with time-of-day status". Which CPU has "time-of-day status" ? and how to know it and what does it mean?

I'm lost with all those SFC, I would like to be able to set the local time on a S7-300 CPUand also in a S7-1200 CPU. Help me please.

Thanks a lot

Hello Maidel,

for your task,I would like to be able to set the local time on a S7-300 CPUand also in a S7-1200 CPU

For reading the system time;

Use the block under extended instructions, RD_SYS_T
The data which you store the system time needs to be of the data type, Date_and_time

For write the system time;
Use the block under extended instructions, WR_SYS_T.
The data which you store the system time that should be written needs to be of the data type, Date_and_time

//you can use the same blocks on both 300 and 1200 PLCs the main difference is the data type you are using for store the date and time.

Best regards
Victor

SystemTime.jpg

Thanks a lot for your answer.

My problem is about the Local time and not the System Time

The Local Time is not like the System Time because the Local Time contain the System Time according GMT offset and summer/winter time

Thanks a lot for your answer.

My problem is about the Local time and not the System Time

The Local Time is not like the System Time because the Local Time contain the System Time according GMT offset and summer/winter time

ah sorry diden't read your question good engough :). Will post an example when I come to the office tomorrow