PCICS driver shutdown; RSLinx 2.57

pw3

Hello-

Running RSLinx v2.57 Classic in the background behind an iFix v5.5 app, on a win7/32-bit PC.

Installed in this PC is an AB PCIC card for talking Controlnet to a pair of CLogix processors.

We are using the iFix ABR v7.49a driver to communicate (via Linx) as the native iFix IGS driver does not support the PCIC controlnet adaptor.

Problem: Every 72hrs, like clockwork, the PCIC driver (and not the ethernet driver!) in RSLinx shuts down and jams, necessitating a reboot of the PC.

AB has advised us to upgrade to RSLinx v2.58, but I am hesitant to do so as 1. iFix has only certified Linx up to v2.57 and I don't need anymore headaches by running un-certified comms programs, and 2. I'm not even sure this will correct the issue.

Has anyone else run into this (72hr shutdown problem) with the Linx PCIC driver?

Thanks.

Last edited: