setting micrologix output

cdnrookie

Hi,
Micrologix 1000

Dumb question but I can find the answer anywhere
Taking the 24v DC power to the output side, can I set it to output 9v? That's what my led`s require?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
cdnrookie,

the only dumb question is the one not asked.

unfortunately the answer is no.
24volts is what you will get unless you use an inline resistor and do a voltage divider to get your 9 volts.

may i suggest buying a power supply and wire it to the plc outputs. the plus can go to the common terminal and the negative can ne on the terminal strip.

regards,
james

Greetings,
if you input 24 volts you will get 24 volts out. I will suggest to use a 7809 Voltage regulator. very easy to install input = pin1, ground = pin2 and output = pin3. The component will be facing you, so that you can read the numbers. then the out put of the regulator will be connected to your output in the plc.

Taking the 24v DC power to the output side, can I set it to output 9v? That's what my led`s require?
If this is a classroom PLC lab, and you have a variable DC power supply available, then yes, you can set it to 9 volts to take care of your PLC Input voltage level. But your PLC may still need a 24 VDC (or some other voltage) for its operating voltage). You might use TWO power supplies to handle this problem, one set down to 9 volts DC. As Mickey said, a 9-volt battery is a good classroom solution for one or two low-powered sensors.

Can you tell us the complete catalog number of your ML1000?

A unit with solid state outputs may have enough leakage through the solid state outputs to keep the led's on even though the outputs are off. Something to consider.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

It's not a school assignment, I was given a micrologix 1000 to play with and have designed an electronic target program for my son to practice his shots on.

The targets are made and ready for wiring and the program works fairly well.

It has three settings, basic, int. And advanced

I'm sure the program is way more complicated than it should be, but I'm enjoying the practice

I'll check the full catalog number later and post

Thanks for all the advice