FTVSE Error $80004005

escoplcguy

Hey guys,

I am getting an error on FTVSE server...it says "RSLinx Enterprise cannot create an OPC server for '$Global:project:RSLinx Enterprise': internal error $80004005."
&
"Failed to load Date Server 'RNA://$Global/Project:Rslinx Enterprise': internal error $80004005"

when this happens all the clients connected to the server go into "wire frame" and can not connect, were also running the tags on FT transaction manager so the whole process stops.

this problem is intermittent and hppens just about every 5 hours.

correcting the problem i go into services and i restart RSLinx Enterprise service and everything comes back up.

I was on the phone with tech support today for about 2 hours and they didnt have any answer for me.... I was hoping that maybe someone has encountered something like this before and know where i should look first....

System:

Windows server 2003 SP2 x86
FTView server 6.10

I been watching the messages pane and i seen something pop up that said CIP connection (1) opened on route ControlLogix in slot 0 of the chassis at 192.168.2.10

dont know if that is related but i figured any info could help.

Do you get these errors after all the clients are successful connected? Strange you would get load errors.

Is this Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2? Or just Windows Server 2003 SP2. According to the compatibility matrix only 2003 R2 SP2 is supported on 6.1. Is this an existing or new installation?

Last edited:
it is server 2003 r2 sp2. it started after an update that was basically manditory. The company deploied new PCs to various stations, some of which run remote clients, the OS on the new PCs were 64 bit windows. after arguing with the IT department for 2 months i lost and had to upgrade the server and the clients to 6.10 to allow for the new 64bit machines. the upgrade seemed to have went smoothly but like i say, this error happens and then bam the whole system is at a standstil waiting for me to restart the RSLinx Enterprise service. once restarted everything instantly fires back up at the state it left off at....

and yes, the errors happen hours afer 3 different remote clients are connected and running very smoothly. they just suddenly go wire frame

Do you have any Anti-Virus software running on these machines?
I had that exact problem on some (but not all) machines running Symantec AV. Pushed updates would shut down FTView communications, in some cases requiring a reboot, in others just waiting a couple minutes would allow comms to restart.

I gave up trying to trace it down to the actual causative chain, as it seemed to involve FTView, Symantec, and some Windows Updates. Purging Symantec from the machines however eliminated the problem.

Have you examined the event logs just prior and after the comms loss? That may provide a clue.