Importing slc 5/04 tag database to rsview32

kowalskei

Hi guys,

I am new to RSView32, I have been requested to redesign an existing SCADA system whereby a SLC 5/04 PLC communicates with multiple Flexlogic PLC's over a daisy-chain DH+ network.
Is there any way of accessing/importing the tag database of the SLC 5/04? The PLC has already been programmed and is fully functional.

Thanks in advance

Thanks OG,
I have tried that but I still cannot access the PLC tag DB directly. Is it a must that I use the RSLogix 500 to export the database to a file location then import this DB now into RSView32? Or is there a way I can directly access it from RSView.

Thanks again.

I have tried that but I still cannot access the PLC tag DB directly.
I don't believe that you tried the right menu options. In your RSView32 project tree menu, cick "System", then "Tag Database".

Now with the RSView Tag Database open, you can do as OG suggested and click on the "DB Browser" icon (little cylinder with a black top), or you can select from the top Edit Menu: "Edit, Other Databases", then fill in the blanks to select the PLC program file that you want to pull your database from. Be sure to select a Scan Class, and highlight the tags that you want to import to RSView, and also type in the RSView Tag Database folder that you want these tags placed into. That's about it!

RSView Tag Database Import from PLC.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks guys,

I have gone as far as the PLC Database browser, entered the node and the Scan class details, but I cannot enter the PLC database, which in this case is the C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\R....I cannot see the final details of this, can you please complete this for me so that I try to manually load the DB.

Thanks in advance.

I cannot see the final details of this, can you please complete this for me so that I try to manually load the DB.
C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\R....

Browse To
C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix500 English\Project\<enter your project name here>
If your Language is different to English you will need to change that reference.

Browse To
C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix500 English\Project\<enter your project name here>
If your Language is different to English you will need to change that reference.
Gil has said better what I meant when I said this:
...then fill in the blanks to select the PLC program file that you want to pull your new RSView database from.
It is so easy that you cannot believe that you simply select the PLC RSLogix PLC program (that runs with and works with the RSView program to control the process).

Last edited: