autocad and autocad electrical

I believe it is still a whole separate and very powerful application. It is worthwhile to take some lessons or classes to make best use of AcadE. I never got the chance, and fumbled my way through things that, later on I found much easier way to accomplish. I did get some lessons on DVD but left them at former employer. It was about $100 for 8 hours of instruction, and the first few lessons were very good.

stu,

i'm sorry, but autocad electrical is a stand alone product.
i upgraded to electrical last year - i think the price was $1800. don't hold me to that.

it takes some getting use to.
you can switch from the autocad electrical programming to the traditional autocad programming by running a different command.

my pc crashed so i haven't had time to reinstall it.

regards,
james

Years ago electrical was all of autocad with electrical added to it. However it has evolved into it's own stand alone package.And it is a very powerful package indeed...

In one of my discussions with my autocad reseller, he told me that autocad bought Promise E which was an electrical package on its on and customized it to suit their needs, hence autocad electrical.

i have a 20+ year electrical library built up of symbols from autocad 14 days. when my honey do list is small, i plan to load the electrical package on my laptop and learn that. it seems to be a pre-requisit for engineering / support in this area.

regards,
james