Point I/O Questions.....

JoseM

I need some help in understanding the behavior of "POINT I/O Modules". Do the "Terminal Base" assemblies have fuses in them that open as a response to a "Short Circuit".

The reason why I ask is because I was troubleshooting one of these bases and I had 24V dc in it prior to a jumper on that terminal shorted to ground.

After this happen I couldn't measure 24V dc on that terminal.

The terminal bases do not have any fusing in them.

The connection between the power bus and the terminal base actually flows through the POINT I/O module circuit board itself.

That's why some modules have terminals that are connected to the V+ side of the power bus, and some connected to the Common side, or none connected to the power bus at all.

The short circuit event probably damaged the printed circuit traces on the I/O module in that slot.

Ken, I have another DC input module next to the one in question and I bbridge the 24V dc to the terminal base that is not working and I got the module to work.