cable Omron home-made fails.

thyd

hi everyone!:unsure: i really need help about a cable home-made for a Omron Sysmac CQM1.I tried to do it , but i 've found 2 schèmes for the same cable on the web.( see the file) i tried twice but neither the 1rst nor the second allowed me to connect with the PLC Omron Sysmac CQM1 .my question are these schèmes of cable good or not? Could someone help me to do this cable with the good schème he'd tested before? I tried this communication with CX-one and
Syswin. Thanks for help this was my first post!!

CABLE SYSMAC.jpg

Hello,

Not sure this will help but, this is the cable I made for Omron. It works for programming and Hostlink.

Untitled.png

Any of those cables should work. Are you using a real RS232 port or a USB adapter?? The CQM1 is notorious for not wanting to connect to a USB adapter.
Also .... if you are trying to use the serial port for programming, make sure that you have the DIP switches on the CQM1 set correctly.

Thanks to everyonefor help!.i suppose mendonsy is right . my PC is indeed with a USB/RS232cable.And i really don't know how to set the DIP switches on the CQM1 correctly. I didn't found it on the CQM1 help . Can you help me for this?Thanks again!!

hi everyone!:unsure: i really need help about a cable home-made for a Omron Sysmac CQM1.I tried to do it , but i 've found 2 schèmes for the same cable on the web.( see the file) i tried twice but neither the 1rst nor the second allowed me to connect with the PLC Omron Sysmac CQM1 .my question are these schèmes of cable good or not? Could someone help me to do this cable with the good schème he'd tested before? I tried this communication with CX-one and
Syswin. Thanks for help this was my first post!!
Beste Thyd.

the dip switches 1 and 5 must be on.the rest off. for the cabel rs232 watch this
http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/nl_plc-omron.html

You can download the CQM1 manual (W226) from the Omron Europe web site. You have to register on the site to access downloads.
I suggest you try an Expresscard serial port adapter on your PC. I have had MUCH better luck with those connecting to older hardware. The difference is in voltage levels. RS-232 is designed as a 12 volt protocol but the USB adapters try to operate it from 5 volts. That doesn't always work with the older hardware.
I have both Startech and Syba Expresscard adapter cards. The Startech card works great with XP but the driver would not install in 64 bit Win7 Pro. The Syba card works with 64 bit Win7 Pro. Both of them will connect with a CQM1.

I use the Omron converter regardless of the price. I have no problems then with anything communicating. It has an FTDI chip - these seem to be the most reliable.