Converting STL to LAD in S7-300

Ian S

Is it possible to convert an STL block to display in LAD by default?
I would like to generate a source file and compile it into a ladder block, but I can only get it to be STL. I can't edit the "Created in Language" field in step 7 manager.
(I want to use a source file because I can auto-generate code from an Access database.)
Sure, I can open the file and use CTRL+1 to see the ladder, but I would like ladder to be the default. My customer's specification calls for the program to be written in ladder, so that's what I want to give them.
Regards,
Ian

Sure, I can open the file and use CTRL+1 to see the ladder, but I would like ladder to be the default.
Well, if you save the block when it's displayed in LAD, you'll see it in LAD when you're opening the block again. In the Step 7 Manager you'll see that the default language will be changed to ladder. I've not yet found any other way to do it.

Kind regards,