Step5: Converting STL into LAD

STL to Ladder

Dear mxkid98,

its very easy to change the STL in LAdder.In Step5(SIEMENS) from where u choose STL,there is a option for Ladder.U can Selct the ladder after completing ur STL,save it n Select the Ladder option n ur whole STL will convert in Ladder.

zuhairhaider said:
Select the Ladder option n ur whole STL will convert in Ladder.

Only if you have followed the 'rules' for conversion to LAD such as NOP 0 in the correct place, there is also a lot that will not convert to LAD, as pointed out in previous posts.

Paul

Paul,

First, thank you for taking the time to look over the program...the Plant Manager has been on me for the past couple of days to provide an answer for the ongoing "faults" this machine is experiencing. Secondly, no, I did not write the program. Years ago a German firm came over and set up the machine and program. In the past couple of years I assume some of our Electrical Engineers have made changes to the program after modifications were made to the machine. Of course there is no historical journal or log book noting any of these changes, and most of the original Engineering Dept. is gone. I'm new to the company...and this has been given to me as a project. Like I said before...I have zero experience with Siemens software or hardware. If I could get this STL program in a LADDER format I believe I will be able to isolate what is causing this "ghost" fault.

I really appreciate your help with this...but do not spend any of your vacation time messing with it! With all the help I've received from you and all the other contributors to this forum, I've been able to give my superiors some positive feedback. They've been pleased to see that I'm moving in the right direction. This "fault" has been a problem for over 2 years now. I've been here 5 months.

Tom,

As stated by Paul, holding the shift key and pressing F5, this will change the majority of your program over to ladder, if you toggle this, you can view both STL and Ladder, I think thats all you will need to do for the vast majority of your trouble shooting.