Step5 FB25

romaitor

Hello,
I'm trying to migrate an ald S5 PLC(S5-95U). In the code there is a call to a FB25. I don't know anything about this block and I need information of how it works. In the picture I see "P71200-S 5015-A-1" but if I read than document, the FB it talk about has more parameters than th FB you can see in the picture attached.
Hope someone help me.
Thanks.

S5 FB25.JPG

Last edited:
These blocks are for floating point operations.
I cannot find a manual, but if you have STEP7 V5, then there are S5-to-S7 conversion blocks for which you can have help.
Open Standard library .. S5-S7 Conversion blocks, and finde the header name, i.e. GP_FPGP.
For this block the online help says:
Parameter Data Type Memory Type Description

Z_12 WORD I, Q, M, L, D, const. High word of integer
Z_11 WORD I, Q, M, L, D, const. Low word of integer
Z_22 WORD I, Q, M, L, D High word of floating point number
Z_21 WORD I, Q, M, L, D Low word of floating point number

Description of instruction:
The GP_FPGP instruction (FC61) converts a fixed number (integer) to a floating point number.