Using the s7 recipies with barcode scanner

adamplc

The title kind of speaks for it self, but to explain a little more.
Has anybody been able to use a barcode scanner to change the siemens wincc flex recipies from 1 recipe to another instead of using the download button. I think this is do able perhaps through the job mailbox area pointer any help or comments appreciated.

I have never put my hands on a siemens plc, but that can be done with Allen Bradley so I guess 100% sure that can be done with siemens too. In my case I used a portable bar code scanner (ethernet/ip) in your case could be profibus or profinet. Compare code scanned to plc data and decide what recipe to use.

Yes,I have done it several times.
I configure a string for the recipe name in a DB. Use this in the WinCC as the Recipe name variable in the recipe view control.
Then when I scan the code I write the results into the variable for the recipe name.
Once the data is in the variable,or good scan, I set a bit. This bit will the be configured in WinCC to download the recipe by name to the PLC when value is reached, or on change of value.

Hope this helps..

Last edited:
I have used a Wasp barcode scanner into a USB port on the PC running Flexible runtime to select the recipe. I can provide some details if needed. I do it all in scripts.