Twido Communications

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I sent this question out before but thought I would try one more time, as I still have not been able to download my project in TwidoSuite to my Schneider Twido TWDLCAA24DRF. The tech support recommended I purchase this serial to USB connector (TSXCUSB485), but I don't even know if I am using this properly. The paperwork that accompanied it is minimal help and I still am unable to download my project to the PLC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Send me the setting for pc to plc communication i will help you there after...

I am also going to purchase another programming cable. I purchased all of my hardware through Newark Electric. Originally they sent me the comm cable for the Schneider Magelis HMI. I then connected the TSXCUSB485 to the PC and the wrong cable from the TSXCUSB485 to the PLC. I don't know if that could have ruined the conversion device or not, that is why I am purchasing a new one. Does it sound possible, to you, that using the wrong cable could have ruined my TSXCUSB485? Thank you.

Hello, ceilingwalker
Schnieder cable is a basically modbus cable and it's communication speed is 19200 bps and you are using 9600 so you can check it, it is the the reason why plc doesn't communicate with pc
if you have problems after this, post me the plc software configuration for communication

Best Luck for the Rest..

You need to setup the 'Description' leave the com port as standard.
Please zip your program I will look into it

twdlcaa24drf.JPG

I have been working with the techs at Schneider and they told me I don't need an actual program, just to establish communications. As a matter of fact, they told me not to write a program, just make sure I select the proper PLC, make sure I have the MODBUS driver, the TSXCUSB and the proper comm cable and it should be able to communicate, without a program. They told me just to make sure the Modbus driver was installed, and I didn't have to worry about the serial port settings, the software would take care of it. As I mentioned before, my distributor sold me the wrong cable at first so I connected my HMI cable to the TSXCUSB to my PC. They were thinking that using that cable may have ruined my RS485 to USB converter. Does that sound possible?

I don't have a program yet. I am trying to establish comm so I may upload what is in the PLC now. I have a new Twido at my desk, that is what I have been practicing with. Tech support at Schneider told me that a program does not need to exist to establish comm. I have since purchased my second TSXCUSB485 as the tech though that I may have also ruined my old one with the wrong cable to the PLC. Even with the new TSXCUSB485 I am getting the same message to check cables, etc.... .

this is an early Chinese program

it has additional cards including Analogue and CANOPEN

🍺

Ok iant and dipesh9486, I am now online with the processor. I believe the tech support at Schneider was correct, using the wrong cable toasted my USB to RS485. The reason it wasn't working for me a moment ago is because I had parity set to Even. Switched it to none and it went right online. Thank you for you help.