Problem with Twido TWDLMDA40DTK

ThePhantom

Hi guys!!
I'm New here and new with this type of plcs
i have TWDLMDA40DTK and i need to get a copy of the program and i don't have an original cable so i made a one with rs-232 & Mini Din8

the wiring i did is

rs-232 ---> Mini Din8

2 --> 5
3 --> 4
5 --> 7
6 --> 3

now when i'm trying to connect via TwidoSoft_V3.5 i got
"The Controller connected to the PC is not supported"

image.png

what does it means and how to fix it?

I think you will find it is 485 not 232 Not absolutely sure but I seem to remember for 232 you have to add the 232 module.

Last edited:
Looking at the pic I copied you will need a 232 to 485 converter. perhaps ebay or similar site is your best chance. again if you only have USB because the lead contains electronics perhaps the USB might not have enough power, however, many do or sometimes the PLC has a supply buit in to the connector like Mitsubishi so the power comes from the PLC.