Replacement for CP5512 w/o PCMCIA

quadPLC

We recently got a new laptop for our use and it no longer has a serial or PCMCIA slot (hooray, technological progress).

We have a spiffy CP5512 that we've used to connect to a number of our S7-300s but cna't use it anymore.

What's a good replacement (USB) for this device? I see some USB MPI adapters on eBay, but they don't look too legit @ $30...

its great they make the notebooks cheaper and more useless.
it is time to go back and take a PC to site and lug the screen, mouse and keyboard.

Seriously though look at geniusintraining this member has good pricing on cables etc

Thanks for the replies, gents.

I work for a big, slow corporation with 'whitelisted' suppliers. Buti ill look at getting this guy added to that list. Looks much better than the $600-700 we spent on the CP5512!

Better check with Mark...
The 5511/5512 does ppi, profibus and mpi
See if his does all that
The replacement is a 5711 and is USB

Hi Guy's

Thanks for the kind words....

I do have a few CP5711's new and used in stock, but JRW is correct other then the Siemens CP5711 I have not found or came up with a replacement USB to ProfiBus

MPI and PPI are easy and I have a few that will work (cheap and good)

Best regards
Mark

Early last winter I used a Helmholz Netlink Pro (I think it origins from IBH Softec), Ethernet->MPI/Profibus gateway. It was running fine with Step7 in a WM on my Win7 host PC. I used it on both MPI and Profibus connections, and also to upload a couple of Simatic touch panels (if I remember correcly it was an older TP170 and a new TP270)

You can find the unit here: http://www.helmholz.de/

Kalle

Early last winter I used a Helmholz Netlink Pro (I think it origins from IBH Softec), Ethernet->MPI/Profibus gateway. It was running fine with Step7 in a WM on my Win7 host PC. I used it on both MPI and Profibus connections, and also to upload a couple of Simatic touch panels (if I remember correcly it was an older TP170 and a new TP270)

You can find the unit here: http://www.helmholz.de/

Kalle
+1 for the NetLinkPro.
MPI, Profibus, PPI I haven't had an issue with it so far.
McApps in Texas sells the units.
You may want to browse their web site.
Around $650.00 but worth the price.