Panelbuilder32 goto screen on event?

tsmith35

Lifetime Supporting Member
I searched the forums and manual, but didn't see an answer, so here goes: I'm using PB32 on a PV600. I'd like to have a screen appear, when triggered by the PLC, to allow the operator to input a 5-digit employee ID for tracking downtime or equipment problems.

I'm sure there must be a way to trigger a "goto screen" based on a PLC bit value, but I'm just overlooking it. Ideally, the PV would return to the last-used screen once the tracking screen is dismissed. Any ideas?

its the end of the day so here goes.

I don't know of pop up screens in the pv600 but I could be wrong.

you might look into using the screen control registers to get to your screen and do a return.

just a quick answer.

regards,
james

Review 'Screen Changes' - 'by controller' subjects in the help section. In 'Application Settings' you will define a 'Screen Number Tag' under the 'Status Tags' and 'Control Tags' tabs. These will be different locations.

To implement a 'return' to previous' you will have to record the current screen number before changing then command that one when finished. (Some type displays have a 'return to previous' code but this doesn't appear to.)

Solved!

Review 'Screen Changes' - 'by controller' subjects in the help section. In 'Application Settings' you will define a 'Screen Number Tag' under the 'Status Tags' and 'Control Tags' tabs. These will be different locations.

To implement a 'return' to previous' you will have to record the current screen number before changing then command that one when finished. (Some type displays have a 'return to previous' code but this doesn't appear to.)

James and Bernie, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Chapter 20, page 24 in the PB32 manual covers screen control tags, while page 26 covers status tags.

More toys to play with... Thanks, guys!