Omron cj1m

ea1234

Hy I am new in plc,I want to get the plc cj1m cpu22 program backup for save side.
Please help if anyone knows how to get it.

Thanks

You will need a copy of CX Programmer and an appropriate cable such as a CS1W-CN226 to connect to the CJ1M peripheral port.
Use the CX Programmer "Auto Online" function to connect to the CJ1M. It will automatically upload a copy of the current program.

Note: Connecting to the Omron PLCs with a USB serial adapter can be problematic. Either use the Omron serial adapter (expensive) or a real serial port such as a PCI express card.

Last edited:
Thanks mandonsy for your help but I have no serial port in my dell latitude laptop. So what can I use with my laptop.
And other thing in my mind how many files will backed up after this (I mean ladder program and hardware configuration files).

Thanks

CX Programmer will load the PLC contents into memory. You will need to do a "Save As" to create a .cxp file with the program and settings.
You may or may not get the program comments. The depends on the revision level of the CJ1M.
The only thing that doesn't get saved is the contents of memory. If the program is properly written you shouldn't need the memory contents, but you can open the "memory" tab and create a file of the contents if you wish.

Thanks Mendonsy,
I am going do all these things first time, I really appreciate you regarding the help actually I can back up the PLC program for any big disaster of my machine.
Can you give me the more guide line and more info regarding back up and restore it ?
And if my PLC going to faulty so can I load my back up file to new plc ?

Thanks again.

Well, whether you can get the file will depend on what is actually wrong with your PLC. It could be something as simple as a faulty I/O module or a loose connection in the backplane.
IF you can establish a connection to the PLC you should have no problem extracting the program. You can also use CX Programmer to look at the error log in the PLC to determine what the problem is.
Downloading to a new PLC is just a case of connecting to the new PLC with CX Programmer, selecting "transfer to PLC", and selecting all the checkboxes.

Thanks Mendonsy,
When I complete the working I will tell you about all work.
Again thanks for helping me.

Regards

Unless you know the application, just to be on the safe side I would also do a save as on the D memory area. Plus is this networked or talking with fieldbus? You will need to get the routing table or other configuration data such as device net etc if required.

On the left hand side in the project tree when you are online with the plc double click on "memory". A new window will open. Select the D area and upload from PLC then do a save as. I haven't tested if the D area gets uploaded automatically. I have a feeling it doesn't because I got caught once when someone before me had a heap of ascii strings pre loaded in there without doing the right thing and writing them on the first scan. Happy to be corrected BobB if you're reading... As for the network or field bus modules, that procedure depends on the communications unit. Do you have on installed in the rack? E.g ethernet, device net? If so what is it?

What about doing an EZ Backup to a memory card?
This will save all program and memory areas in the cpu.
This can be done without software.
Please see attachment.