RSLOGIX5000 and remote desktop

rohitk18

Hello
I am new to this forum amd new to RSLOGIX and Rockwell suite of software.
I have a question, when I try to use Remote Desktop to login on the server which runs RSLOGIX 5000, it prompts me to enter 'username' and 'password' for factory talk activation.

When I directly try to open RSLOGIX 5000 on the server it self ( NO remote access) , then it does not give me that prompt.

What kind of privileges are needed to use RSLOGIX5000 effectively via Remote Desktop connection? Are there any NODE issue which might come into play when I log in as a Remote desktop.

I will really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Regards,
Rohit

Log onto the Factory Talk directory or Activation?

I assume you are talking about the Factory Talk Directory, if Factory Talk is used to manage security, then on the server you need to log into the network Factory Talk Directory, and in the security area add the remote computer which is trying to access the software on the server. Which I believe you will need direct access to the server to add this. Forgive me as I don't remember all the specifics of how to add your computer, but ultimately this is most likely your problem. I would have to look on the knowledgebase for details.

You could also try to RDP into the console session of the server and launch it that way, sometimes this works better (thinking services like RSLinx), but I would believe Factory Talk security would block this too.

run "mstsc /admin" to launch the RDP session.