Compactlogix L2 to powerflex 40p cip message

alfman96

Hi All,

I have a quick programming question I thought you guys might be able to help with. I have a compactlogix controller with 4 powerflex 40p drives with 22-com-e cards on them connected together over ethernet. I want to be able to poll the dc bus voltage, amps, and temperature of the powerflex drive. I have the programming manual, and have searched the knowledge base trying to find why this doesn't work, and it sure seems like it ought to. I setup a MSG instruction with the following parameters for the amps:

(see the attached pictures. This was originally sent off as a email with pictures inline)

The fan1_amps tag is a real. The read message appears to happen and without errors, but instead of a reasonable number when the drive is running it goes to a really small number like 3.42e-43 (the drive parameter itself says a reasonable number, say 5-13 amps). Do you see any obvious reasons why what I am doing is not going to work or give the right values?

Thanks,
alfman96

1.jpg 2.png 3.png

Try changing your Tag from a real to an INT or DIN. I do not think parameter data is sent as a real. I think the decimal place is implied