PowerFlex 753 and CompactLogix L33- What is DeviceLogix ?

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I have a CompactLogix L33 and several Powerflex 753 Drives ( Ethernet ).
In my RS Logix 5000 Tree I have all the drives. In those drives I have....

Slot 4- Ethernet / IP
Slot 5- Safe Torque Off
Slot 14- DeviceLogix

What is DeviceLogix ? and why when I go to download, that box is checked saying that it is different than the online drive ? What is DeviceLogix actually doing ?

Thanks so much guys ,

It’s in the 7 series drives, the E300 OL relays and (I think) the SMC-50 soft starters. I think of it as an embedded micro PLC inside of the drive. Function block programming or ladder programming, but only around 500 instructions max and maybe a dozen or so different commands. It is capable of PID however and, if you get a 24VDC aux power card for the 750, it can operate without the rest of the drive being powered.