EDM and Cat3 safety circuit

dega

A Cat3 safety circuit is supposed to detect any single fault. To check the safety contactors, we normally connect the contactor feedbacks to the safety relay. In the safety parlance, this is called EDM (External Device Monitoring).
When using a VFD (one with safe-off functionality), we should use the same approach. With a PowerFlex 40P or 70, there is such a feedback (TB 1-2 of safe-off board).
However, with the PowerFlex 525, the feedback is not available.
First, his means that a 525 cannot be used as a replacement for a 40P.

Since the drive is certified for Cat3, does it mean that the safe-off circuit is considered to be infallible?

Similar Topics

So I am wondering say you have the following circuits. If you have a safty controller that outputs to a single DPDT Standard relay that controls...
Replies
Views
Hey ya'll, I should know this, but between busyness and reading AB literature I can't see the forest from the trees. A previous engineer put in...
Replies
Views
Anyone know what the 9300-8EDM is used for? It says it is a diagnostics module but it liiks like a switch. We just got one on a new piece of...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all I'm having some troubles trying to go online with a twincat3 project that has been developed with another laptop (I will call...
Replies
Views
Hi, In Twincat3 x64 is it possible to get value of variable of which name is read from a string variable? VAR VAL1 :REAL:=555...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom