Twincat3 value of variable pointed by string

mrburns

Hi,
In Twincat3 x64 is it possible to get value of variable of which name is read from a string variable?

Code:
VAR
VAL1             :REAL:=555;
POINTER          :STRING:= 'VAL1'; 
RESULT           :REAL;
WORKS            :BOOL;
END_VAR

<ST>
RESULT := GET_THE_VALUE(POINTER) // WE WANT THE VAL1 VALUE 555 SOMEHOW

IF RESULT == VAL1 THEN
        WORKS := TRUE;
END_IF;
</ST>

No, not with structured text as far as I know. Maybe elaborate on what you are trying to achieve, there might be some other solutions to the problem.

Ok. Thanks. This was not important. I was just testing things. Somehow I just thought that this might have been possible. I have done something like that when using serial connections between python programs and arduinos.