PanelviewPlus Numeric Input Expressions With Parameter Files

logixjock

Hi, I am using some numeric entry objects to modify some tag values in my CLX recipe UDT. I would like to use an expression to enable/disable writing to the UDT tag based on the condition of an enable tag. Looking through the user manual I come up with

IF
(EnableTag)==1
?
ELSE
{#103}

Where 103 is the parameter file value representing the tag being written to. Will this work? The examples in the UM only show something like

? * 1000

for the else case. Basically if the enable tag is false, I want the numeric input to write the value of the recipe tag back over itself instead of writing the value input by the operator.

I suppose I should probably just call tech support in the morning, or test it out on the cell, but it's been bugging me all night. Did some googling around, but as you all know, it always leads here or the other site.

I'll post back later if I find an answer myself.

Thanks

Hi
That is interesting, thanks for posting the followup. I did not know that you could use the "?" operator in an expression to point at the linked keypad entry.
That is handy to know, but in my case, I would probably have just conditioned the visibility of the numeric input off of the enable tag. If the enable tag = 0 then I would have a numeric display take the place of the input, which looked just different enough to let the operator know that he was looking at a variable he was currently unable to change.

That is what I would have done, but there are so many on multiple screens, I was loath to go that route. This project was dumped on us half finished by a bankrupt integrator, and I have been struggling with rewriting everything, or working with what I was given from the first day.

I found out today that 16,408 characters is the limit for a parameter file, although FTV (and Rockwell tech support) claims 32,767 characters is the upper limit. Had to change some tag name lengths in my recipe UDT so I could fit all the part names in my master parameter file. Now I have 488 part parameter files to modify. Anyone have any experience with Java Script? I automated most of it in Ultra Edit using macros, but need to incorporate part if the parameter file name in it's tag index.