Controller Fault

Hi

Fault with the controller ram do you mean that the processor is faulted or could you expand on what you want

Donnchadh

If the controller detects faulty RAM, then it clears the memory, so there is no point trying to detect it with code.

If a Compactflash card exists, it will try to save a RAM image to the card.

See the Help for Major Faults Type 1 Codes 60 and 61.

There are quite a few good Reference Manuals and Programming Manuals for the ControlLogix.

Start at the Rockwell Automation Literature Library (direct link) and use the keyword "1756-PM" in the Search field.

The fourth result of that search is the publication 1756-PM014, RSLogix 5000 Controllers Major, Minor, and I/O Faults Programming Manual.

This document includes all of the reference and example material you need to make your control system handle a variety of unexpected conditions, including a controller fault state.