Partner Redundancy Controller goes into minor fault while trying to Synchronize.

Spotless

Dear Team,
I need experts advice on how to resolve the problem below :

We have two 1756-L55 RSLogix5000 Controllers installed in a redundancy configuration each with one 1756-ENBT Module.

Problem :

Everything looks good until attempt to synchronize, then the controller goes into minor fault with solid red and the fault log below.
(Type 04) Program Fault
(Code 07) GSV/SSV destination tag too small to hold all data.

I have checked configuration of all the GSV instructions and every looks good.

The primary controller can work without coming up with this fault.

The same fault was reported even when the active controller was made the secondary. This suggests the problem is not controller specific but synchronization problem.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

ControlLogix Redundancy systems require a very specific set of firmware in the CPU and modules, and the use of the correct Redundancy Tool to synchronize them and read information from the redundancy modules. You absolutely need to read and understand the ControlLogix Redundancy release notes for your specific system as it was built.

The error you're seeing is probably a real Minor Fault error. GSV instructions can read data of many different sizes and formats from the controller's internal objects; some are ordinary single DINT tags, others are arrays of SINT or INT or DINT tags.

Take a very close look at the GSV and post the details. If it's a Redundancy Object related GSV, it might be that the GSV isn't the source of the synch failure, but rather that it's reading the actual source of the synch failure.