TIA Portal / Step 7 and ethernet comms

Andrew Hardy

Morning all

I have a profinet network with a combination of S7-315s and an S7-200. One of the 315s has been coded in TIA portal, the others in Step 7.

One of the 315s is going to be the main point of control and will take data from the others, and use that data to alter setpoints etc.

I have already configured the 200 to write / read data from the master, so that the master is the passive partner. Is it best to do the same with the other 315s so that all the slave PLCs are the active partner, or is it easier to make the master the active partner? If this is the case, can the master have 2 active connections and 1 inactive one?

Your input will be greatfully received

Similar Topics

I have for the longest time avoided using the S7-1500 because everyone warned me that TIA portal was a stinking pile of garbage to be avoided at...
Replies
Views
Hello guys! I am in the start of a project for a customer and considering buying step 7 5.5 instead of tia portal v13 which we have now. I'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a 315-2 PN/DP CPU. It was programmed in Step 7 V5.5. Then a colleague programmed it in TIA Portal V13 for a test. Now I want to...
Replies
Views
I have TIA Portal v13 with Step 7, WinCC, etc. The projects I have supported have all always been done with TIA Portal. I have a client that has...
Replies
Views
I am fairly new to the Siemens TIA Portal but it seems really powerful. I have a simple but complex task that it seems I may be able to complete...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom