Programming Siemens S7-300 in Step 7 5.5 after programming in TIA Portal V13

Pete_S

Hi,

I have a 315-2 PN/DP CPU. It was programmed in Step 7 V5.5. Then a colleague programmed it in TIA Portal V13 for a test. Now I want to revert it to original program, but Step 7 5.5 fails to connect to the device. It will show up in available devices but every time I try to download to the device it fails. If anyone can advise on what I need to do to roll back to Step 7 5.5 classic I would appreciate it. I am trying to program over the X2 LAN port.

Take the memory card out of your 315PN and put it into an older CPU, power it up and do the reset. When complete, remove it and put it back into the 315PN and do the same. I've done this before but I was trying to remove safety from a 319F - I put the card in a 315 as above and the safety "property" was reset.

Take the memory card out of your 315PN and put it into an older CPU, power it up and do the reset. When complete, remove it and put it back into the 315PN and do the same. I've done this before but I was trying to remove safety from a 319F - I put the card in a 315 as above and the safety "property" was reset.

Ok so to make sure I am understanding I will be using the "Classic" programmed CPU to reset MC back to "Classic" compatibility?

About the memory reset:
You can clear an MMC in a CPU that is different than what the program on the MMC was made for. For example if there is a program for a 315-2PNDP on the card, you can clear the card in a 314. And you can do it by the switch on the CPU. You dont need to do it with STEP7 Classic or TIA.

About the CPU compatibility with STEP7 Classic and STEP7 TIA:
Are you trying to download blocks or a hardware configuration ?
I am guessing that maybe you cannot download any blocks if the hardware configuration does not match the STEP7 version, but you should at least be able to download a new hardware configuration the normal way (searching from the HW download dialog, then perform a HW download).