FactoryTalk View ME

chrismarek

I'm trying to create an HOA button/ Tri-state interlocked.
I cannot figure out how to do a multi-state button and make it interlocked at the same time. I can do one or the other but not both.

In my PLC code I have it where if OFF, HAND or AUTO is selected it will send a one time acknowledge saying that bit has just been selected but it is not a maintained state. The HAND acknowledge will unlatch AUTO and latch HAND. The AUTO acknowledge will unlatch HAND and latch AUTO. OFF will unlatch both.

Maybe is there an easier way to do this in the PLC and create the try-state button in FactoryTalk View ME?

Use multistate push button. If you want to confirm the value use indicator option. Use state value in plc i.e.
0 for auto
1 for manual
2 off

The only problem is a multistate button only shows one button at a time. I need it to show all 3 and when one is pressed the others are depressed.

Interlocked pushbuttons in FactoryTalk View ME have only two states.

State 0 is when the Connection value does not match the Button Value.
State 1 is when the Connection value matches the Button Value.

Because there are only two logical states, there are only two indicator states.

That makes sense to me: If I had three buttons labeled "Hand", "Off", "Auto", I would want just one of them illuminated (or highlighted, or in color, whatever) at a time.

I just set up a test in FTView ME 6.10 and it works the way I expect. I used an integer tag, and the first two bits of the integer (.0, .1) represent Hand and Auto. If both bits are false, the control is in OFF mode.

The three Button values I used are 0, 1, and 2.

I would use a first pass bit in the PLC program move a value of 0 into the integer tag, so the control starts in OFF mode.

With such a configuration, I don't see a need for handshaking or latches.

I may not understand exactly what you want on this. If you happen to have FTView Studio 6.10, unzip the attached GFX file and Add it into your application.