slc 5/04 ascii buffer

maynarddon

Hello,

I have a slc 5/04 and a dataman dm302 barcode camera via channel 0. I'm using AWA + CR/LF to send commands to swap focal lengths. Also I'm using ARL + CR/LF to read the barcodes. Do the AWA and ARL commands automatically clear the buffers?

When I tried the ARD command, I did have to clear the buffer in between reads. With the ARL command it appears the buffer is cleared "automatically".

Thanks,
Don

Hello,

I already used the ARL instruction for barcode reader with an SLC5/04 and even if the ARL clear the buffer, it was necessary to use ACL in somes cases like the reception of data without termination (noise, when plugging the reader or using a reader with bad parameters) or when reading an unpreviously barcode (at bad moment or bad length).

Jean-Luc

Thanks for your reply. I will use the ACL to deterministically clear the buffers. Seems a "best practice"

Thanks