Serial Comm between PLC and Managed Switch

jxm1092

I have a Horner PLC which is cable of doing RS-485 or RS-232 serial communication as well as ethernet. I am using this in conjunction with a managed NTron 716TX switch.

I need to know what device is physically connected to what port on the switch. You can do this through the serial port on the switch by accessing what they call the ARL table which will list the VLAN it's in, the MAC address of the device and what port its coming through.

I will know the VLAN and a short list of MAC addresses to check against, but the issue is I'm not really sure how to do this or where to begin? Looking for some help to be pointed in the right direction. I am using structured text as well and not ladder logic for what it's worth.

Similar Topics

hi guys, I am having a problem regarding the communication between a micrologix 1100 & compact logix using the serial port.I have configured a...
Replies
Views
I want to transfer process-data between a Siemens S7 and a Pc with Labview. I also would like to transfer new parametres from LabView to PLC. Is...
Replies
Views
Hi Friends, I am trying to connect MLX1400 over RS232 serial communication with PV800. I am not sure where I am going wrong, the PV800 doesn't...
Replies
Views
Greetings! GE SERIAL COMM TEST SAYS: PLC Connected OK at 19200/Odd/1 use VPv2 I have always thought this means VersaPro Version 2 (or whatever...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to do a very simple program to communicate the PLC with Hyperterminal. I am using a new CP1W-CIF01 Optional Board (RS232) with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom