constant presure control

Waldg

Hi i have a ad 5 hp VFD running a submersible water pump. I want to control pump speed to maintain constant pressure using a pressure transducer. the problem i have is when the pressure goes up the VFD speeds up the pump, How can i reverse this so the pump slows down as the presure goes up

What VFD are you using and what pressure sensor?

It all depends on how you configure it to use the signals you are getting, so we'll need to know how it's configured and working now.

Configure your PID as reverse acting. Because a PID responds to error between the setpoint and the process variable, when pressure is below setpoint error has to be positive to increase the control variable, or SP-PV.

or maybe your VFD is set to direct torque control (open loop). then you need to set it to closed loop control and set PID as stated above...

EDIT:
Also, check if input to VFD is set as feedback or reference... it should be feedback

Oh! Please share your success! You Know, To help the next guy

It's what makes this forum what it is!