CCW FDB's - How to set a variable to a constant

RMore

I am new to using Functional Block Diagram (FDB) language programming in CCW.

I want to set a variable to a constant if a contact is closed. How do I do this?

Also, where can I find a comprehensive tutorial on using FBD in CCW?

The Rube-Goldbergs/Heath-Robinsons below work, but there has to be a better way. We should be able to enable the EN/ENO input/output of an instruction block, but in my version of CCW that option only shows up in ladder.

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

I think this would work for you, adapt as needed for other data types. Make a new user defined function block. I called this SelectReals and wrote the block in ST. Here's the code:

IF Select THEN Output := SelectOn;
ELSE Output := Select Off;
END_IF;

Local varaiables for that are:
Select, BOOL, VarInput
SelectOff, Real, VarInput
SelectOn, Real, VarInput
Output, Real, VarOutput

That function will appear in the select list for an instruction block.