RS View

HoldenC

Im sorry if i post too many threads or If im asking about things that are over my head at the moment.

Can someone suggest a way to learn RSView ? I cant seem to find any videos online on how to use the software, or at least ones in English.

We use this software at my work place and I really need to learn how to use it.

So, any videos or literature you can point me towards would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

We are here to help, no problem answering questions for you.

If you are reffering to rsview32 than go to this link here. That's the lovely 769 page user manual to rsview32. I personally think it may be better for some online video to go over the basics. I would check myself but have no sound at the computer I work at so try typing rsview32 tutorial in youtube and see what comes up.

I have never used RSView but if it is close to Factory Talk at all then there are some videos on the RA website that cover FT View. They may help.

Hello there RSVIEW32 user. You will find that most you tube videos are in other languages. There are a few in english but most will deal with a specific topic and not the broad scope of things. I was lucky enough to get Automation Training in Ontario to give me a 4 day course with the software. It helped me be better suited for my job as I have 11 machines running RSV32. I bet if you ask them real nice they may give you a training course as well. Especially if you can find somebody else to take the training they may be more inclined to put one on. They are no longer scheduled so you will have to directly enquire about one. Good luck!

PLC Pie Guy, you are right. Every training video on RSView32 is in another language.

I may look into the training from them.

In the meantime i think ill read some of Users Manual and do the search for threads on here.

FactoryTalk View SE Station is what RSView32 became. FactoryTalk View has almost all of the old features of RSView, so most of the development is exactly the same. Learning FactoryTalk View would be a good start, just keep in mind you won't be able to take that knowledge directly and make a working RSView32 program without some extra learning on top of that. The communications setup is completely different (FTView uses RSLinx Enterprise which is built-in, while RSView uses RSLinx Classic/Lite/Gateway) for one.

Also, you may want to think about upgrading in the future. RSView32 is no longer current product and getting support for it is only going to get harder over the years. Plus, since it runs on a PC, another version or two of Windows and you won't be able to run it at all. Which will be okay for a while. But then, your RSView PC is going to die, and you're either going to have to scrounge through eBay to get the inevitably obsolete parts that run it, or buy a new machine, which will come with the latest Windows OS that is 100% incompatible with RSView32.

Right now, you're probably okay and I wouldn't make it a huge priority to upgrade. But I would definitely do it 5 years from now.

Last edited: