DDE Poke Excel to PLC

xC0MMAND0x

I know there are other topics on this, but I'm trying to get an already working Macro in Excel to run on my machine (Win 7 64-Bit). I'm thinking there might be a problem with the 64 bit system, as it works okay on other 32bit systems.

Here is the code, as well as 2 screenshots of the errors. It is having problems with RSLinx.

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

'open dde link:
Dim RSIchan As Long

RSIchan = DDEInitiate("RSLinx", "Test_Pin_Push_App")

'write data thru channel
DDEPoke RSIchan, "TagValue", Range("A1")

'close dde channel
DDETerminate (RSIchan)

End Sub
And here are the 2 errors:

I have tried explicitly adding the following code, but it didn't work either.

Code:
Dim RSLinx as String
RsLinx = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLinx\RSLINX.EXE"
Any thoughts/ideas? Is it a 64-bit OS issue?

Your code worked on my W7x64 machine. The first time I ran it though, I hadn't created the DDE topic Test_Pin_Push_App in RSLinx and I got errors similar to yours.

Your code worked on my W7x64 machine. The first time I ran it though, I hadn't created the DDE topic Test_Pin_Push_App in RSLinx and I got errors similar to yours.

o_Oo_Oo_O I had my topic name wrong! I had Test_App_Pin_Push.

Thank you for testing that and pointing our my careless mistake! I'll reconfigure and test it when I have time.