Rslinx to excel DDE Poke

If you are reading but not able to poke then this will not help. There is an issue between Microsoft and Google that can cause DDE to fail between Microsoft products and any DDE Source. It only happens if you are running google Chrome browser and as soon as you turn it off the connections works. Bugs were filed with both parties over 2 years ago and so far it has not been fixed. Here is a link to a KnowledgeBase article at Kepware that talks about the bug.

http://www.kepware.com/KEP_KB/?solu...PublicKnowledgeSolution/d?&id=50140000000S8RC

Wow Thanks Fred!!! The PC I use for programming I like it the way it works and don't have virus protection and don't do updates on anything >... Period It is just for programming so that is not a problem. And thanks for the reminder of Kepware I had forgotten about there OPC servers.. AS I have used them before with AB and never looked back..