RSLinx OPC/DDE etc with Excel

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have Linx classic and FT View ME and want to create a config sheet so i can send info from excel into my PLC. I have read various things online and their is a conflict with the info

Do I have all I need (Linx Classic but also with a FT View ME licence) or do I need to get RS Linx Gateway

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere just after a definitive answer

If I need Linx Gateway I would be interested in any free/cheap 3rd party tools to do the same thing because would only be used as a config tool

Thanks

cjd1965,

As far as I know, the Single Node and up RSLinx should support DDE/OPC topics. The lite version won't work of course.

K

Hi thanks. I am looking at the about box in linx. It says RSLinx classic professional and I can open the dde and opc dialogs.

Am I good to go? I don't have a plc to try it with

Thanks

Hi thanks. I am looking at the about box in linx. It says RSLinx classic professional and I can open the dde and opc dialogs.

Am I good to go? I don't have a plc to try it with

Thanks
Yeah you should be good to go. One thing to keep in mind is that only the gateway version will support local and network OPC/DDE server.