Sending announcements to a remote device

Tharon

I was wondering if anyone has stumbled upon a "turn key" device that would receive wireless signals and announce on a screen a preprogrammed message?

Press button at source.
Remote device displays a message.
Press button at second source.
Remote device displays a second message.

Like a Walkie Talkie that displays messages rather than playing audio. I know it's a pretty simple setup to develop yourself using some low cost PLC and interfaces, I'm just curious if there were any out there that were basically plug and play.

Looking for something to place on a forklift and have machine operators use a push button to tell the forklift operator they are needed at a location.

Thanks

I could see that working. I was thinking more of a digital I/O device, but I do have Micrologix 1400s on nearly every machine.