Warning!

format C:

Don`t worry they say, its not addictive .....

but it is!!!! I just went to ebay to look for some bits for a test rack I need to make, now I am buying everything - plc's, io, racks, tools, test kit, more io, more plc's.

Ah ... just been out bidded, got to go ....

You only think you need all that stuff. Be happy with what you have. Whats importants is your health and your happiness.

elevmike said:
Bummer,

More people I have to bid aganst! mddr

I have a new rule now .....

Only bid on the shinny stuff and stuff with lots of flashing lights. :D so as long as you do not copy my new rule, we should be OK!

Cheers

F

P.S. Can `Auction Sentry` automatically search & bid for shinny and flashy plc's?

...Check out this site for sniping software.

So YOU'RE the guy who's always doing that to me!!!

I use eBay as much as I can for internal jigs and stuff like that. You can definitely get some SWEET deals if you have some time and are a little patient.

Keith

Speaking of Addictive....

Off Topic but....

Try beating these algorithms:
http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/getpage?page=Top25.htm

FYI: Great community for stock market trading algorithms.

<HR>
We purchased some RSLINX software off eBay, but got a little grief when we found out that we probably can't get any TechConnect Support for the new programs, as I guess the licences are not transferrable.
We are still looking into what it will cost to get support for our new SN's.

Last edited:
Ah, the age-old principle of "caveat emptor" rears its head.

There are quite a few persons using E-Bay to sell RSI software media only, and most of them declare that "activations not included" on the websites. These guys are really just selling you software updates, which RSI charges for too.

The ones who tick me off royally are the ones who post "license is not transferrable". Some of them are just using that to disguise the fact that they have no intention of selling you their license, but some of them have actual non-transferrable licenses. Those are usually current or former RSI "partner" companies who got massive discounts for internal-use-only licenses. Some of them have lapsed or canceled internal-only licenses that they can't transfer but want to sell you the media.

Both of those categories of sellers are violating the license agreement and probably their partnership agreement with RSI.

The ones that are easy to spot put a fake serial number label on the CD's when they photograph them for the ad.

Hester,

Dont take it personally but if you read ANY software licence agreement, youll find that the licence is not transferable. There may be exceptions but I havent seen any. You must be very cautious about buying sofware on Ebay. I keep my purchases to hardware.

Another P.O. about some ebay sellers: the autions for manuals on CD. These guys simply download the manuals from some website, burn them on a CD and sell the CD's on Ebay. It never made sense to me. Why would I be bidding on CDs with files I could download myself???

I wonder if they actually sell them?

Mike

Most of the RS software on e-bay are copies (Ooooo!)Unless RS have just released a special bundle with everything on for $100 including keys. Note to self: Call rep in the morning!

But the best think is, reading the feedback comments written by someone who thinks they bought $10K + of original latest version softare for $100. "Great value, but was shocked to see that the CD's were copies and not RS originals"

Anyway 'be safe', off to e-bay to buy some more stuff!

beerchug

F

Rockwell Software licenses ARE sellable and transferrable. If you buy a legitimate retail copy of RSLinx or RSLogix or RSView, you can happily sell, trade, or wrap it in a pretty bow.

All the new owner needs to do is to get you to sign a license transfer form, and you're now entitled to use, update, and get support for the software just like he was. We do it all the time.

I just went to EBay and used "Rockwell Software" as the keyword and found 24 sellers, most of whom are selling bundles that include all the RSLogix 5/500/5000, RSView, the RSTrainer products, and all the PanelBuilder software.

Not one of those auctions is selling legitimate licenses. Several of them are the same guy selling multiple copies of his pirated collection.

Last edited:
Locked doors only stop the less-determined thieves in my neighborhood; does that mean I should leave the door open ?