How to stop Logix Designer "not enough arguments" warning pop up?

Paul351W

I am running Logix Designer v32, and noticed if I type new instruction value(s) (XIC, XIO, MOV, etc etc) into a rung without any operands/tags, instead of clicking it off the taskbar, it pops up the Warning box on the bottom of the screen every single time with the following:

Warning: XIC: Not enough arguments found. Adding additional ones.
Complete - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

Has anyone found a way to turn this warning off? I looked in the Tools/Options menu and didn't find anything. I don't know why this "feature" was added as it is highly annoying. I used to be able to type full rungs worth of instructions without any operands and not get a warning until I tried to verify the program/project.

If I type in "XIC NOP" for a new rung, I get that message in the dialog box.

Try supplementing a question mark for operands you don't know or want to specify: "XIC ? NOP" and you won't get that message.

Originally posted by jstolaruk:

Try supplementing a question mark for operands you don't know or want to specify: "XIC ? NOP" and you won't get that message.

This may be one of those cures that is worse than the disease. How many question marks do I need to toss in for a CPT or a CMP or, heaven forbid, an MAM?

I agree the warning is pretty useless since it warns you about something that will not accept if it is not corrected. But the latest iterations of Logix Designer toss out warnings like candy at a parade. You stop this one and anther one is likely already there to take its place.

Keith

How many question marks do I need to toss in for a CPT or a CMP or, heaven forbid, an MAM?

The last instruction gets auto filled with question marks if not specified, but the warning message still appears.

I leave that warning/error/messages auto-hide feature off and make the dialog just a couple of lines high so at least its not bouncing up and down causing a distraction.

The last instruction gets auto filled with question marks if not specified, but the warning message still appears.

I leave that warning/error/messages auto-hide feature off and make the dialog just a couple of lines high so at least its not bouncing up and down causing a distraction.

That's what I ended up doing too. Pin it "on" but shrink it down as far as possible. That way it can do whatever the heck it wants with minimal impact. I too wish there were a way to turn that off.

Now that I think about it, though, I think there is an option somewhere to automatically verify rungs as you're editing. If you can turn that off, it may stop the popup too.
Edit: Scratch that. I already have that option un-checked in mine and the warning box still pops up.

Last edited: