Sureservo & AB SLC 500 PLC

AECM

Hi, I'm new at PLC programming and my boss just bought a sureservo SVA-2100. We have a AB SLC 500 PLC and I want to know if I can use it to control the servomotor or I must buy a Directlogic PLC?

The manual shows Modbus ASCII or RTU - using RS232/422/485

The cable available from AutomationDirect is the SVC-MDCOM-CBL which fits the communication socket on the servo and has stripper/tinned wire ends.

Last edited:
What is the complete catalog number of your SLC? Only the series C Frn 10
or later support modbus protocol.

Similar Topics

I am experimenting with a very simple program for testing purposes and not getting any movement from the servo motor. The attached program...
Replies
Views
I need to connect my ML1200 to a sureservo drive for modbus communication. Sureservo uses an IEEE 1394 connector. At the moment, I am not seeing...
Replies
Views
For our system using a sureservo drive with Ziplink module, we have a limit switch that will be our "Home Sensor." Should the limit switch be...
Replies
Views
Anyone work with Sureservo from Automation Direct? My question concerns the Digital Inputs DI 1-8. I am communicating Modbus and using the upper...
Replies
Views
I am working on different ways I can set up a Modbus topology for the comm's. I have 2 different cables from AD that can go to the drives, One is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom