Windows HMI recommendation ?

passwordg

Can you please recommend an HMI computer running windows ? Something like the Allen Bradley versaview 1500p with a 1024x768 resolution ?

What are the cheaper options ?

What would be really awesome is if the screens can stand alone without needing to be mounted on a control panel box.

Thank you !

Last edited:
Last edited:
If you had just said HMI then I would suggest Red Lion. Their stuff is good quality and the config software is good. No PC or windows in the field to mess with. Also their stuff is rated for C1,D2 hazardous area location and their outdoor rated monitor is the brightest I have seen.

For a system that requires windows, I would go with a remote mounted touch screen monitor from Hope Industrial system and KVM back to a standard desktop computer or rack mounted computer in a well conditioned area. The computer is easy to get to that way and easy to work with. Hope industrial has monitors that come totally enclosed and can be mounted on swing arms or pedestals. As for software, Inductive automation offers a freebie HMI software that configures similar to their SCADA system. No database connectivity or other SCADA type features.

Edit:

Would you know the price for a Red Lion G3 ?
Its too late in the day to call them now. Would like to have a rough estimate. Is it below 1000 ?

Last edited:
On the individual product pages of the Red Lion website there is a "Buy Now" button. This will give you list pricing.

If you want to stick with an Allen-Bradley solution, you will need to install and license Factory View ME Station on the HMI PC. You can then build .MER files using Factory View ME Studio just like you do for any other Panelview and operate them on a windows based PC. This works well if you want your operator panels to interface with different PC applications that aren't supported by Panelview+.