Delete Items from Symbol Table in S7 ?

GTX

Hi

This might be a dumb question but i am going to ask anyway.

Right now I am trying to delete some unused entries from my Symbol Table in a S7 program I am working on and not matter what I do I cannot delete them.

Any ideas how I delete them ?

Is there a way delete and entire table and start a new one ?

Thanks for any help :)

Hello

Try opening the symbol table from the main tool bar. Right clicking on the option you want to delete will give you a drop down menu.

Hope this helps.

Fiona.

symbol.jpg

What exactly are the symptoms?

Normally I would expect you should be able to grab multiple rows by just clicking and dragging down the column with the numbers in it, and then right-click and delete.

Depending on the version of STEP7 you have I believe there was sometimes an issue if you suppressed the warning message that is offered when deleting (the dialogue had a check-box labelled 'Do not display this message again'). According to the installation, o/s, etc etc, sometimes this resulted in an inability to delete anything after that. If you've done this, go to Options / Customize on the main SIMATIC Manager menu, and under the General tab, click on the button to 'Activate' deactivated system messages. This should do it.

Good luck and regards

Ken

GTX, is there any chance that the ones you are trying to delete have a pink background? If so, I had the same problem a few months ago, and I think my symbol file became corrupt somehow. No matter what I did, I couldn't delete or rename a certain symbol. The symbol was "VAT4", and I couldn't create any new VAT Table symbols without getting rid of the corrupt symbol.

Finally, I exported the symbol table, opened the exported symbol file in WordPad and deleted the symbol, deleted the orginal symbol file in S7, added a new blank one in S7, and then imported my edited symbol file. Life has been good ever since.

What exactly are the symptoms?

Normally I would expect you should be able to grab multiple rows by just clicking and dragging down the column with the numbers in it, and then right-click and delete.

Depending on the version of STEP7 you have I believe there was sometimes an issue if you suppressed the warning message that is offered when deleting (the dialogue had a check-box labelled 'Do not display this message again'). According to the installation, o/s, etc etc, sometimes this resulted in an inability to delete anything after that. If you've done this, go to Options / Customize on the main SIMATIC Manager menu, and under the General tab, click on the button to 'Activate' deactivated system messages. This should do it.

Good luck and regards

Ken

Ooops!
How did that get there?
Finger-trouble somewhere on my desk-top I guess.

Sorry.

Ken.

Thanks guys !!

I ended up deleting the symbol table from the SIMATIC Manager program.