Siemens S7/TIA v18: Admin wants to create/delete accounts...

Mas01

In my project, I've set up a few user accounts (Operator, Technician, Admin).

The person assigned as Admin has said "I want to be able to create/delete user accounts, like when a new starter joins us".

I said "Oh, it doesn't work like that at the moment. You'll need to tell me their names and I'll create an account in the software" (see pic).

Is there a feature in TIA Portal to allow Admin to create/delete accounts from the HMI?

Thanks

user accounts.png

Last edited:
There are definitely some buttons you can enable to create and manage new accounts within the HMI screen, however I cant remember where from memory.

Obviously the "user administration" will then be inconsistent with your project, however this can be backed up from the HMI with ProSave.

Have a look under "screens" and "screen management", the buttons or screen may be pre made.

Regards
Daniel

An administrator can create accounts, delete accounts and change existing accounts.
The users you setup in TIA are the ones that will be present when the runtime starts the 1st time.

To create a new account, login as administrator, then hit the 1st field in the last line in the user setup dialog.
When you type in a name in that field, the user will be created. Set the other fields as desired.

It is also a good idea to have buttons for export and import of the user administration.
Otherwise, all users may get reset when you download a modified HMI.

An administrator can create accounts, delete accounts and change existing accounts.
The users you setup in TIA are the ones that will be present when the runtime starts the 1st time.

To create a new account, login as administrator, then hit the 1st field in the last line in the user setup dialog.
When you type in a name in that field, the user will be created. Set the other fields as desired.

Unless I'm mistaken, your instructions refer to the picture in my first post.

However, I'm talking about Admin logging on to the HMI (KTP 1200 Basic), then having the ability to create/delete accounts (e.g. adding a second Admin account, deleting the account of someone who's left, or creating a new account for a new starter).

No, I refer to the 'User view' dialog in the runtime.
From the toolbox, under 'Controls' drag and drop a 'User View' into a suitable screen.

Ah, you mean one of these things, right?

I'll upload it, such that only an Admin can see it , then compile and see what it looks like

Cheers

UserView.png