product per minute logic

franchois13

hi there,
Could anyone please help me how can I make a simple program that would calculate the rate of products going down the conveyor like products per minute. Will be using s7-300 and final figure will be display in hmi. Thanks.

run a 1-min TON timer and a counter to count number of bottles
or run counter to let's say 20 and measure time with timer, then P/min= ProductNo / (ET*1000*60) cause ET is in miliseconds

run a 1-min TON timer and a counter to count number of bottles
or run counter to let's say 20 and measure time with timer, then P/min= ProductNo / (ET*1000*60) cause ET is in miliseconds

Would this be capable of continuous displaying of product rate?

actually Balash the 1 min TON is not a good idea. Close though.
it is better to count seconds or less than calculate the result to Minutes.
a bit more accurate - be wary of scan time

actually Balash the 1 min TON is not a good idea. Close though.
it is better to count seconds or less than calculate the result to Minutes.
a bit more accurate - be wary of scan time

yes, of course, though he never said approx. expected rate.
if the rate is high maybe to use HSC?

Just a bit confused of how im gonna do it. Does it mean that it would count products for whatever set time you are using, for argument sake let say 1min. So timer will run and product will be counted in that period then calculate the result and start over again. Is that correct?

my suggestion is to count certain number of products (that is less than what it takes for minute as iant suggested) and measure time needed for that, i.e start counter and ton at the same time. after let's say 5 products divide 5/(timer.ET*60000) and that is your rate. reset counter and timer and start again.

most production counting is done during a set period then displayed as the period is retimed.
for example 15 parts counted in 10 seconds
= 15 x 6 or 90 parts per minute.
10 seconds becomes the updtate time