FactoryTalk 7 delays

Jcooli09

I'm running FactoryTalk 7 on identical Windows 7 64 bit computers. All of my installations communicate through ethernet.

At two of my locations, I have had problems with delays. The operator clicks a button, and there might be a delay of 5 seconds before the command is initiated. Sometimes if the operator lets go and clicks again it works the second time.

Rebooting the computer seems to clear it up, but it returns in four or five hours.

Any ideas?

I have had a lot of issues with FactoryTalk View 7 and button functions as well. My issues were with buttons hanging up and not and leaving bits set in the program. I called Rockwell and got a feeling that there is a real issue on how the command server is running now. I run several clients on a SE application and the application would lock up. I would kill the application and restart it and when the client was loading it would hang up in the startup status bar on "starting command server".

In my application I was using the command "set "tag" =1 on press, Set "tag"=0 on release. When the operator would click the button several times fast it would lock up the client and require a reboot.

It seems to me that something has changed with the command server in FTV 7.0. My other thought is that maybe the conversion from the watcom database to SQL Express is causing issues.

Can you post a screen shot of your button properties? There are several ways to set up the buttons to fix the issue.

***** Also note that Rockwells "Current Program Updater" can cause your server to run really slow. If the Current Program updater can't get to the internet, after period of time it will make all your screens respond slow. I found out after 3 late night calls the exact same time apart. I found in the log files the errors when it was connecting to the internet. I have had it off for a few months now and no more issues.

Last edited: