PCS7 communication problem

elkawafi

Hi every body

I have problem with PCS7 communication, and it is briefed as follows

The PCS7 ver 5.2 is used to interface with ET200M about 3 to 6 KM distance, and the connection esstiablished by using Modem type SIEMENS SICLIMAT FSK-MODEM IP6FL4301-3CA11 AND FIBER OPTIC CABLE BETEEN TWO POINTS. THE PROBLEM IS THAT ALL THE TIME DATA ARE DISTURBTE AND SOME TIME CONNECTION IS DOWN.
I REPLACED CPU, MODEM, ET200, AND CHANGED THE BAUD RATE BUT ALL DIDNOT HELP TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME FOR THIS AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

ELKAWAFI

No hits on Siemens product site for "SICLIMAT" or "IP6FL4301-3CA11".
Your type number must be wrong. All Siemens types starts with a number, not a letter.

I would also rephrase the subject header to "Dropouts in Profibus comms via fiber and FSK modem". This has more to do with your problem than "PCS7". To state "PCS7" as subject will deter 95% of the potential responders to your real problem.

Some things I can think of:
Is the fiber media approved for that distance ?
Is the fiber laid properly (no sharp bends etc) ?
Is the ET200M online all the time ? Check that the power supply to it is OK.

Hello, elkawafi;

Siclimat is the name Siemens stamped on the old Landis and Staeffa HVAC systems that they bought a couple of years ago. There are still some references to a Siclimat system on the www.landissateffa.com site. However, I have found no hits on the specific FSK modem you are asking about; it is either obsolete, or been replaced by a newer Siemens product (has been known to happen...). there are references to other FSK modems, maybe you can use their manuals to refer to your situation.

Please be more specific on the type of problem you are experiencing. Is it garbled timestamps on your alarms or messages(and are the timestamps generated by the OS or the AS)? Is it communications timeouts, or unreadable data? How is the ET200M linked to the FSK modem?

If it is a comm problem, I would follow the lines Jesper previously gave you: isolating the source of the problem is the first step in solving a problem.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi again Elkawafi,

I just thought of something.
As you have exchanged allmost everything, then maybe you have a complete set of spares.
You could rig up a separate test connection, but only with a few meters of fiber cable. If you can get this to work, then its a strong indicator that the problem lies in the 6 km fiber cable.

You are propably using Profibus through the modeems?
I used a system little bit like yours, you have to manually specify the profibus parameters!! the slot times, pause times and so on!
The profibus DP protocool is not for this kind of communications, you can expect all kinds of problems.
You can try to get the values from the modem supplier?