DirectSoft 5 SubRoutine

gscott27325

I am programming a subroutine in Directsoft 5. The subroutine scrolls through different color indicator lights. When coming out of the routine, sometimes one of the lights stays on even though the input is off. It is random as to which light sticks on when it does. Any ideas? I have tried the Reset Immediate instruction to no avail. Thanks.
:confused:

First a few make-sures... only one "Out" per light, right? If yes, I'd try adding a NO contact, that is true when the subroutine is active, in the light control rungs... If no, make it so...!🍻

David:site:

Remember that NOT calling a subroutine is not the same as a rung of logic which evaluates to FALSE.

Also David's warning about multiple instances of the same output need to be checked carefully.

If you wish to zip and post your program we will look at it.

Directsoft 5 subroutine

I don't know why the rung is false but the output is still on in the subroutine. If I use the force command to turn the output off it turns off and stays off. Thanks.

That condition (output not agreeing with the logic of a rung) implies that the subroutine is not being called ... though there are other possibilities. Waiting the posting of the program. (Zip all the files which make up the program then post the zip file.)

....sometimes one of the lights stays on even though the input is off.
The input state is not as important as the Output and what type it is. If you are using Set and Reset (as most students do) to control your lights, then the last Set is what turns the Output on.

There is also a possibility that your subroutine is being called one or more times (after you thought it was finished) that leaves an Output ON. Does your main routine have some method that prevents continual jumping to the subroutine (even after you are done with it)?

Last edited: