panelview 900

tripservices

Hello, I am trying to program a allen bradley panelview 900. The first thing I am suppose to do is disable printer port. I have tried but the printer port stays enable. Can any body help me?
I am new to PLCS.net

Welcome to the Forum!
In order to access the HMI's Printer Setup you will first have to access the terminal's Configuration Mode.
With the HMI powered up, simultaneously press the <- (Left Arrow) and -> (Right Arrow) keys.
Once there, scroll down to Printer Setup then, when within the Printer Setup utility, press the F10 Key; the Port Mode setting will change to "Printing Disabled"; press the F16 Key to exit Printer Setup and then the F2 Key to enter Run Mode.

Please provide the complete catalog number of your PV.

If its a DH485 protocol PV then the printer port cannot be changed, its printer only.

Cat number is 2711-T9C9

Your PV supports DH485 protocol with a RS232 port.

As I said above the printer port is fixed at printer only, it cannot be changed.

To program your PV you can use the RS232 comm port with RSLinx's 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver and a straight thru cable. You will need a real serial port on your PC/Laptop to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver.
If you don't have a real serial port then a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) will work. You can get one at link below.

http://www.ind-concepts.com/Allen_Bradley_PLC_Cables.htm

Another option to program your PV is to use a memory card. See PDF